Ep. 2: Bookshop Owner
Annie B. Jones
Annie basically has my own dream job besides being a writer: she owns an indie bookstore called The Bookshelf, right in the heart of beautiful Thomasville, Georgia, not too far from Tallahassee, Florida.
Annie shares what it was like to start off as a bookshop owner with zero business background, and the things she had to learn on the sales floor about managing a team, deciding what her community liked – and didn’t like – to read, and at the end of the day, how to keep the lights on doing something that she confesses is more work than she ever imagined, but wouldn’t trade for the world.
- Annie on Twitter
- The Bookshelf
- The Bookshelf on Instagram
- Annie’s podcast, From the Front Porch
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Women’s Work on Instagram
- Crossing to Safety, by Wallace Stegner
- Wildwood, by Colin Meloy
- A Wrinkle in Time and Austin Family Chronicles, by Madeleine L’Engel
- The Ensemble, by Aja Gabel
- Yes, Please, by Amy Poehler
In the spirit of this episode—if you’d like to order one of her book recommendations, reach out to The Bookshelf!
Thanks to sponsor Hello Fresh—get $30 your first week with promo code womenswork30!
↑ more coming soon!
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you a short email whenever a new episode drops! Plus, she'll include occasional fun things she won't share anywhere else: